At Cygnet, we ensure we fully understand our customer's needs, technical knowledge and available resources so we can provide the best support possible. We are also proud to be a 'Community Interest Company' - CIC - which means we strive to support IT development for the benefit of everyone we work with.
If you'd like to become part of our dedicated, friendly team, get in touch today.
12 month fixed-term initial contract, Salary band: £28,000-£30,000, including 5% pension and training scheme.; this is for guidance only and may be altered at any time.
We are looking to re-launch our web-design service and are seeking an enthusiastic Web Designer to work with us and lead this project for an initial 12-month fixed term contract. Should the service re-launch be successful the contract will be reviewed and extended. This is a great opportunity to make your mark!
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in web design and IT and will have previous experience in both disciplines and be prepared to provide support for the Service Desk when not occupied with Web Design work.
You will lead on providing and developing a web design service (and any other appropriate complimentary services) for our customers and assisting Cygnet in maintaining an up-to-date and effective web presence.
When not busy with web work, you will assist the team responsible for manning our service desk, raising and managing service desk tickets. You will help ensure that ticket information is accurate and that tickets are progressed though the support lifecycle in line with our Service Level commitments.
Interested candidates should send a CV along with a covering letter explaining why they are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Cygnet IT Services CIC provides IT support and services to education, business and charity customers in Sutton and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in IT and previous experience working in an IT support environment. You will be expected to provide high quality 1st and 2nd line support and assistance to our customers as part of our field team.
Closely liaising with customer’s internal IT support or their end users and senior managers / leaders you will build strong relationships and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. When not on-site with customers, the IT Support Engineer will provide additional support for the office-based Service Desk.
Applicants must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle as the IT Support Engineer will be predominantly field-based, with occasional periods working from our offices in The Grove Park, Carshalton.
Duties will include:
- To provide on-site support and consultancy as required in accordance with customer’s needs. Resolving networking, hardware and software issues and providing preventative maintenance.
- To carry our fault diagnosis on-site and remotely, rectifying faults and where required arranging additional courses of action such as referral to senior staff or arranging third party maintenance or support.
- To ensure all items are logged correctly through the Service Desk following set procedures.
- To ensure tickets assigned, monitored and actioned to meet Service Level Agreements.
- To ensure customers have relevant and concise updates and feedback when working on their requests.
- Apro-active approach to IT support and customer service.
- A keen interest in technology and IT.
- Must have the ability to work unsupervised and to manage time and workload effectively, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Good understanding and experience of Windows 7, 10, Server 2012 R2 or above.
- Working understanding and experience of Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy.
- Experience of supporting network and Wi-Fi equipment.
- Experience of documenting technical procedures, infrastructures and system configuration.
- Be able to explain technical concepts in simple terms to peers, end-users and customers.
- Willing to continually learn and develop your skills.
- Be able to maintain a high degree of customer service for all customer queries and interactions.
- A methodical and thorough approach to troubleshooting support requests.
IT Support Engineer
Salary range £25,000-£28,000, including 5% pension and training scheme.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
For further information and a full job description, please contact email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on receipt.